Purpose: To maintain an area-wide Activity Professional organization which reflects the interest and needs of the members to:
- Expand and improve the quality of care in health care facilities, adult day care, retirement homes, assisted living communities, and other settings that provide activity services to seniors.
- Ensure better interaction and communication between activity professionals, regulatory agencies, and other health care professionals.
- Promote and provide appropriate educational opportunities specifically geared to the activity profession and the needs of the people it serves.
- Advance professional recognition
- Educate membership of legislation affecting the activity profession.
- Provide local support and interaction among activity professionals.